Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Absolutely Necessary


11:30P

This will be a new-style blog tonight (for me) like other people write. Short. Concise. Not wordy. Can you believe it? Maybe not very interesting, either, but lots of things aren't interesting.

I was praying and dozing yesterday around eight in the evening, not sure when I was praying or when I was dozing. The last words that I heard in the prayer/dream seemed so important that I immediately grabbed my ever-present pen and pad so I could write down the words I had heard before I forgot them because they really were funny.

And here they are:


"Everything that has been told you is absolutely necessary,
absolutely necessary, absolutely necessary."

Isn't that delightful?


I particularly like the triad repetition, like some ancient language which doesn't have many words, so repeats the word for emphasis, like, "big, big, big." It's not too hard to decide that would mean a lot bigger than big! Or "yes, yes, yes" shows a lot more excitement than "yes." It's fun to get caught up in this, but I won't. Well. How about "rainy rainy rainy?" Or "sweet sweet sweet?" If I keep going on, this will get more wordy wordy wordy, won't it?

But the other thing I liked about my revelation was the double word phrase, "absolutely necessary," of which neither word can be more or less regardless of how many times it's repeated! If it's absolute, it can't be more absolute or less absolute. If something is necessary, it, too, either is or isn't; there is no degree in necessity either.

Isn't this all amazing? I keep thinking about it. What ever does it mean? And what about the things that I've already forgotten that were absolutely necessary? Was "forgotten" factored into the equation? This'll keep me busy for a few days, like the simple word "over" written on both sides of a sheet of paper to keep a dullard busy for a long time. Duh.

Respectfully submitted,

Miss Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment