Friday, July 2, 2010

Miss Enn Checks In

09:25P

The following comprises a true-to-life email discourse back-and-forth with a client/friend during the past two-three days. She is nagging me to get off the dime and finish up her "stuff." She makes me laugh. The names have been changed to protect our innocence, in a sense. (See June 30, 2010 blog) Or maybe it is supposed to be, protect the innocents...


Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 6:22 PM
Hey, Miss Peach!!

Did you get those payment thingies done yet? And my tax stuff returned? Are you lost in the blogosphere???

Miss Enn



Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 1:34 AM
Thursday July 1, 2010 JULY 1!!! 01:10A Santa Monica time
Hi, Miss Enn

In re the payment thingies and tax stuff: Well, I'm working on them! I have all the copies printed and sorted out in little piles, all I have to do is spend another hour stapling and organizing and putting your original stuff in a Fedex box, so I have not forgotten you, had all the computer work finished a week ago at least. It's hard to be semi-retired or to only work part-time, since I don't need a flexible schedule when I have WORK TO DO!

But it is July already so I do want to finish up and put your stuff to bed off of the counter and desk, and I know one perfect way to do that. I still have an old New Yorker cartoon on the side of my desk, two people in a hall at an office, and one says to the other, "Sometimes it's important to stop whatever break you're taking and just do the work."

I think I'm at that point.

I hope you have a happy 4th of July holiday, my very favorite holiday all my life. We are having the Baptist Church picnic on the 4th after church, potluck, barbeque, at a park on Palms at Sawtelle where they've had the picnic for thirty years, I think. I've only been once before. I'm taking brownies. I'll be playing the handbells with seven others for Sunday morning church service, a patriotic America, America, which I barely recognize since I'm in the middle, not playing the melody, and can't hear either end of the ringers. But it's fun. I think a person could be totally deaf and still ring bells. If it's short enough, I'll put it on the blog.

June 30 blog was fun to do, but I don't know how long I'll carry this on. I can see why blogs get started and bloggers only post three or four times a year. Or once! I've done better than that, but it is sort of pointless. Fun, but I'd be better off to be making quilts for my nephew/wife's impending twins in November.

See? I could have put these last two paragraphs in a blog. Oh, well. You got 'em!

Miss Peach



Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 6:25 AM
Thanks, Miss Peach ~

I just realized how glad I am that I have your email address: that way I can write and get an opportunity to enjoy your writing in return. Bonus!

As for those two paragraphs you could have blogged, just copy and paste them, maybe tweak a little, and voila! a blog post. I'll never tell it was recycled.

Your 4th sounds grand! Do enjoy! Take care, have fun,

Miss Enn



Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 7:19 PM
Friday 070210 06:40P Santa Monica time
Hi, Miss Enn


I'm taking up your suggestion to do the blog today from our email exchanges, yours being anonymous, starting with the one where you ask me about the payment "thingies" through the one suggesting I blog the last couple of paragraphs on mine. There is nothing personal about our emails to identify us, and yours trigger my amusement. Mine's not funny without yours. Shall you require royalties? Smile... I shall call you Miss Enn unless you have a better aka that I can use like my Miss Peach. Everybody knows who Miss Peach is since I'm sure I've never had a reader that I hadn't told about the blog, but Miss Enn (or whoever) no one will know.

Miss Peach



Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 8:41 PM
ooo ooo ooo! I love getting your messages, Miss Peach!

Miss Enn


Respectfully submitted,
Miss Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment