Monday, July 12, 2010

CB of SB and Tiffany and Taxes

10:35P

Today's blog is dedicated to a client/friend I've worked with for too many years to mention here. He has done so many nice things for me over the years, even helping me move file cabinets and drawers of confidential records for all my clients so the movers wouldn't have access when we relocated the office many years ago. One day we had our annual appointment for him to come to my office to do his fiscal year end stuff before the IRS deadline. Every year he brings his car trunk full of records, his computer and printer and we hammer out whatever adjustments are required to bring his books to the point I can prepare the tax return by the end of the day. Of
course I write this all up in my journal.

10:25A CB of SB calls. He's outside the gate, parked on the street, early, so he is going to walk the dog. He brought Tiffany today, his tiny dog, so cute!

10:30A I get the parking pass to give to him for the car rear view mirror. He and Tiffany are ready to come in. He lugs his computer and printer and paper and I carry Tiffany's bed and water bowl. Tiffany enters unencumbered.


10:35A-11:00A It takes us a while to get the computer equipment set up at the desk, ready to roll. Tiffany pees on the floor. CB of SB cleans it up easily without distress as though he has done it before, luckily not a lot of pee (because she is so small).


11:00A-12:45P We work


12:45P-2:00P We go to a cafe half a block away for lunch, but they don't have a liquor license and CB of SB wants a glass of wine, so we go to another restaurant 100 feet away, his treat today. I have today's special pasta, fusilli corkscrew pasta with small chicken bits, half a dozen pea-sized sun dried tomatoes, mushrooms, with a creamy thin sauce. I ask for two teaspoons heaping parmesan cheese and hot red pepper flakes to make it tastier, kind of bland without. I eat off of one side of my plate as is my wont since I usually take the other side home for another meal. When CB of SB finishes his Caesar salad with chicken, I'm still plugging away. He asks if he can have some of mine, and since it's too much and I'd have to take it home anyway and I haven't eaten off of that side, we slide probably what amounts to a third of the original-sized serving on to CB of SB's empty salad bowl. The waiter is right there with extra parmesan cheese for him, and grinds some fresh pepper for both of us. CB of SB does have wine, the "Chianti, the cheapest one," he orders. Ten dollars a glass!! Cheapest!! He is pretty quiet during the meal. I keep trying to make conversation, but he perks up nicely once he's eaten and we leave.
2:00P-3:35P We go back to the office and Tiffany. (We had put two big empty boxes to cut off the kitchen from the rest of the office, and put her bed, her water bowl and her in the kitchen while we went to eat.) We work hard, finish to where he and Tiffany can leave for a couple of hours and I can do a year's worth of unrec'd bank recs.

3:45P-6:45P I do bank recs. What a struggle. When the gal helping out with the books in S.B. didn't balance, she let Quickbooks do an automatic adjustment, all terrible things. I am trying to figure out which ones to deal with when CB of SB and Tiffany return. I open the gate so they can park in the garage.


6:45P-8:50P We finish, ready to plunk it on the tax return. But I am too tired anyway and he needs to be home tonight, so I'll finish it tomorrow. (I hope!) He needs to eat before he drives back to S.B. He is weary from his few short hours away on a family matter, too much for him today. I offer hot-link chili dogs. He says fine.


8:50P-9:15P I fix hot-links, homemade chili I had on hand, homemade coleslaw with grated carrots, large buttered hot dog buns warmed in the oven. I go back to the office to tell him food is ready. He is all packed up. We'll pack the car after we eat.


9:15P-10:10P We sit at the table to eat. I have put chopped onion, grated cheese and sour cream to go with the chili dogs. CB of SB eats two, like real chili dogs, holds them in his hand to eat! I use knife and fork for my one. He is full of sugar M&M's that he's been eating all day, so doesn't want any dessert, although he has a Classic Coke/ice with his dinner for the caffeine jolt to help him get to S.B. I give Tiffany a little bowl. She is dancing around, feet/paws on my knees, as I give her tiny bits of buttered bun. She's mostly ignored me all day but got friendlier as the day wore on. Now I'm her best friend as I give her a choice "center cut" of hot-link (no chili). She really loves that. I could "do" with a dog like Tiffany, a mini Shiatsu, about as big as our kitty Evita was in her hey-day, but lighter in weight. When we finished eating, we go over to the office to move CB of SB's stuff down to his car. He carries the computer and printer. I carry Tiffany, her bed and shopping bag. It feels good to carry that little dog in the crook of my arm, surprised she lets me. She just snuggles in. CB of SB pulls out of the garage at 10:10P and I go back upstairs to do dishes.


10:10P-10:45P I do the dishes, not too hard since I didn't really cook, only warmed things up. I feel good about today. Dear Lord, Thank you for my day, thank you for giving me energy and strength and the ability to work by the power of Your arm which never fails to uplift me! Thank You, Lord!

Another Bonus Day!


When I asked CB of SB if he minded my starring him and Tiffany in my blog (at least I'll have two readers, him and me, he and I, Tiffany can't read yet) I think he was confused as to what I expected from him. He emailed me: "I'm looking for a picture to send you....Rushing around a little today so might not think up clever message." Well, within minutes he had emailed me the picture accompanying the blog captioned "CB of SB Daughter jumping horse." It's not Tiffany, but it really is impressive. CB of SB and Daughter must be very proud!


Respectfully Submitted,

Miss Peach

No comments:

Post a Comment