Saturday, June 12, 2010

ALERT: *Religious* *Religious* *Religious*

10:05P Santa Monica time

I guess I want everybody to know that today I'm blogging something that may be offputting to most of you, but it's very exciting to ME. I wrote it up originally in my real journal on March 11, 2010 journal at 7:55A that morning, to wit:

I begin my out-loud prayers. I want to record them as they happen but it's too distracting, so I only jot down the highlights and write them up afterwards. I am awake and sitting up in bed to pray, my eyes open, my mouth going. I feel the presence of Jesus being in the room with me. We (Jesus and I) verify that with immediate tears this a.m. I hate the manifestation of tears but they happen sometimes. I know He's here.

I feel power in my hand from the Spirit, the same Spirit and power that is in Jesus that He gave to me. I pull my hand out from under the cover, lay it on top of my left hand under the cover over my heart and lungs. I pray that I have the power through Jesus. And I know I do, we verify that with tears, too. I pray further for a friend's numb face and bony knob on the right side of her hairline, for God/Jesus to heal her. I pray for power in my own hand, and for healing in my heart and lungs under my hand as I pray, for regeneration for my friend to her "original blueprint" in being God's/Jesus' original creation.

I feel a peace, like I've not felt before or wanted, in this early morning. I like the feel of the buzz of the Spirit working rather than the peace of the Spirit resting! But I know we need both.

I see a dove outside on the corner of our flat roof grooming him/her/itself. I see standing with his back against the wood door open in my bedroom a soldier in desert camouflage fatigues? Combat boots, adjusting his weapon over his shoulder, not in haste or panic, shifting his weight from foot to foot, not waiting, maybe a sentry. I pray for him, I ask Jesus to give him protection as tears come to my eyes, knowing he needs that protection, RIGHT NOW. He fades out against the wood door. I flesh out the prayer to cover the urgency, don't know where the soldier is, Iraq, Afghanistan, I don't know why I see him. We are two separate beings, passing today through two separate dimensions, perhaps; we will never know our influences on the other, but we are united by Jesus' love and protection.

I pray for personal friends and acquaintances, for those on my "prayer list". I do not get sleepy during this prayer. Time flies, almost an hour. I pray for God to use me as I already feel I am of use. I "sign off" and start to write it up!

END of journal entry


I've thought many times in the past three months about this interlude in my life, wondering what it all meant, glad I wrote it all down that morning right away or I wouldn't believe it happened that way. Time has a way of softening your memory, of making the edges disappear, but I see the edges very clearly around that soldier, who I still pray for from time to time.

Thanks for reading! Whadda ya think? I have a lot of things happen to me like that. Am I bonkers, or is it a gift? Or both?

I have friends, a pastor and his wife, who spend a Saturday night with me occasionally. We call my bedroom Motel Half, like Motel 6? Not a lot of amenities, but they do get to sleep on the California king-sized bed, clean sheets, lots of pillows, yet they bring their own towels, and breakfast is rye toast or English muffins with some fruit, maybe a smoothie. Sometimes they bring muffins with them, and we chat over coffee ice cream Saturday night before bed.

I was at Home Depot in the gardening area one day as we planned the coming-up weekend on our cells. The usual, because they had other places to go in town Saturday evening before they came to Motel Half, "We don't want to use you...we hate taking your bed," though I never feel used because we are so close. I said, "Oh, I don't mind, that way you get to sleep in the room where I have my visions, like the soldier in camouflage that time." I could hear an audible gulp in my ear on the cell. "Just teasing!" I said, as I laugh out loud.


No comments:

Post a Comment