Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Cats and Life July 02 1991 Archive

12:50A Santa Monica time

I was keeping my diary in rhyme in 1991, a stressful year when Roy had a heart valve replaced in January (a St. Jude 23 mechanical model). St. Jude had a reputation for quality and NO failures which we were happy to accept, although we followed the Wall Street Journal faithfully to see if St. Jude was ever mentioned. Roy died at 80 of other maladies in 2008, the St. Jude still clicking away to the end, a unpaid testimony for St. Jude!

My Diary on July 02, 1991:

Maria tucks her head beneath her paw,
Domingo stretches out, quite self-possessed.
Juanita cleans her fur, she's at her best;
Evita's on the chair. She needs her rest.

Roy's tucked between his covers once again,
He's snoring just a bit, but that's okay.
He went to cardiac rehab today.
Life's looking better now, I'm glad to say.

My covers have two cats. There is no law
That says one can't have cats upon the bed
Or that cats have to eat what they are fed
Or that they have to go where they are led.

Sometimes I think how dull life would have been
If things had not occurred the way they did,
For just one cat starts fun to pyramid,
Now we have four, no more, may God forbid.

Miss Peach

1 comment:

  1. Part of an email from probably my oldest friend as friend:
    When I was reading the poem about the kitties it made me sad that they're gone. Speaking of kitties, my two old lazy, fat cats will be so glad to see me tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete