Thursday, June 24, 2010

Dogs

11:35P Santa Monica time

I set my cell alarm for 11:00P so I would come to the computer to do my blog. I have an empty mind today. I'm just going to copy out a Santa Monica native animal rhyme from the alphabet booklet I was dallying with a few years ago, writing and illustrating. Something short. I've exhausted my tiny audience already with all my words. This rhyme is cute, I think. However, it looks like I'll have to be a rocket scientist in order to get my illustrations of the dogs posted here aesthetically. Maybe some day. But not today.

The Dog

Dogs come in all sizes
with color surprises,
their coats varied
curly to straight;

their legs short or tall
above paws large or small;
some are hyper,
some very sedate.

Dogs love to go out
with a leash on a route
where they check out
who's been there before.

They are loyal and true,
they become part of you.
How could anyone
ask any more?

Miss Peach


No comments:

Post a Comment